Getting By and Getting [it] Done: An Introduction

 

Introductions have never been my favorite thing to take part in. In a world that prides itself on "self", Introductions are often the most intimidating things I can think of. We are all told from a young age that we are unique but, at the same time we are told not to be full of ourselves. Introductions are that, gross, in-between the barriers that give us a small taste of the "self" without crossing too deep into either barrier. Introductions at the university level have been simplified to one's name, class year, and major and that is it. No creativity, no thought, nothing. I often fear new courses having to take on this molehill for the thousandth time. Now, almost after 4 years, It has become a mundane activity that I just have to do.   

With all of that being said... Hello. 

Let me introduce myself. My way.


My name is Victoria. I was named after a soap-opera character on Young and the Restless, I am a type six on the enneagram chart. I was born October 5th, I am twenty-one years old-- although if you saw me, you would easily mistake me as a younger teenager. I study History. I am an English and Photography double minor, and one of my proudest achievements at the moment is being a graduate student in the Secondary Education concentration and one of the only females in my content area. I describe myself as ambitious and hard-working, and I always go above and beyond when asked of me. I am involved in a lot of things. I have lots of interests and hobbies that span across the humanities. I love musical theatre, literature, and a million other things. 


A fun fact, yes, the dreadful "fun fact" is often a part of the introduction component. However, it is my favorite because I would like to think I have an interesting one. My fun fact is that I own and operate my own business at twenty-one. When I grow up I will be a High School American History Teacher and when I am not teaching I will be running the world with my business. What is my business you may ask? Well, I am a photographer. Victoria G. Photography LLC has become a major part of my life over the past two years. I am a portrait photographer. I specialize in weddings, families, couples, and graduations. I have been growing my business other the last two years and I am currently growing really fast. Please consider checking out my work and supporting local artists. 

Victoria G. Photography LLC


Thank you for coming to my introduction. I hope it wasn't too painful! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expectation vs. Reality: Blue Tiles

Raymond Carver- I love you!

How Cliche: The Irish Girl is a Fan of James Joyce